My Life@ Infosys Mysore




It’s nearly 290 days I’ve been away from home. And the most thrilling and toughest part for me was scheduled from 7thMarch 2011(officially) but its 6th March in the evening, when  I’ve stepped into “Mr. Narayan Murthy’s Centre of Excellence”.

First parting from my Dad, as it was half-passed 5 by the time I’ve reached the campus my dad was not allowed to accompany me into the Centre.

Waving him with little sorrow and heart filled up with enthusiasm and new energy staring at the buildings and the huge campus which I’ve never seen till then , I entered into the first building at Gate-1 that welcome’s every fresher like me in introducing the bag scan and security check which were there every now and then to irritate us in our busy schedules.

After completing the formalities and holding the prestigious I’d card felt my –self very much proud to be an Info scion .

I was allotted one room in the huge campus and  holding my room key got  into the cab and met few other fresher’s inside who just arrived like me.

I really couldn’t forget my joy at that time and the thoughts that flew in my mind at that time. I felt something great and little bit embarrassed to miss my friends now here who were with me always.

The cab driver took us through the entire campus and every one of us were glancing at the huge walls and the best one that took my attention more was our Global Education Centre(GEC-2), the largest building built in India post-Independence.

Going all-around the campus finally I was dropped near my Building (B-41), keeping my luggage a-side I first went in search of my room with number 007 and found it in the ground floor.

Next came into my mind was whose my room-mate as we girls were given shared room’s(2 per room) where-as boy’s had the Single room the only one thing which we  girls hate.

My room was really awesome,  slowly kept my luggage and found the other bed already occupied. Waiting for my roomie meanwhile called up to my mom-dad and friends to narrate my journey and describe my room.

By 7:30 pm she came to the room,Manjushree (kannadiga) my roomie, greeted each other and felt happy to have a like-minded girl as my mate.

It was around 8-15 and now our actual journey started. Infosys Mysore campus was really huge and one cannot be comfortable with routes inside the campus unless u were familiar with.

Arena(FC-1) one of the food courts in Infy , its just 5 min’s walk-able to our room, but we started at 8:30Pm and reached to the food court by 10:00pm.That’s one of the funniest moments that make us laugh when-ever me and Manju meet.

It’s 7:00 AM in the Morning and we were asked to assemble at the Multiplex( the favourite hang-out for all the trainees during weekends) by 8:00 AM in the morning.

We both had breakfast at Arena and assembled at Multiplex. It was really nice to see a huge gathering of new Info-Scions holding required documents which brought to my mind the day of giving Infy-Exam.

I’ve attended the off-campus conducted in MLRIT college Hyderabad where in the same way all the fresher’s were eagerly waiting for the results of the written exam which were yet to be announced. Oh my god , that’s really hectic for all of us there to stand in the college ground(without any fun-event) with tension filled hearts for getting into next phase of selection.

I need not stress much on this as Nov-28th and 29th of 2010 were most memorable days for all March-11-LC1-NCS batch as that was the beginning step for all of us to get into Infosys.


March 7th , we were into the multiplex , Oh! such a huge hall. 
I was seated along with my friends , and here comes one more best thing I’ve loved was Infy –Song “This is my Infy…”

May be, being a music lover or what–ever, that song impressed me a lot. Our Induction program was started around 9:00AM in the morning with Mr. NRN’s welcome speech. It was a seven day program that included about introducing us the training pattern and various policies of Infy and finally we all remember only one word C-LIFE which was heard repeatedly for the entire session.

During that seven days of Induction even some games were conducted and some interested people were asked to perform what they wish to. Those were some of the sessions that recharged us from boring slide-show presentations.

One more memorable thing for me personally was performing on the huge stage in-front of the big crowd of Info scions. I’ve sung one Hindi song and got a huge applause which meant “enjoying? or rejecting? “ a big question for me till to-day.


It's the last day of our Induction and all of us were given our Emp-id’s and Mail id’s , got our own bank accounts finally some designation to ourselves. Slowly got used for the Swipe-in and Swipe-out process of the IT – Sector. Our classroom’s were listed on the last day and un-fortunately none of my friends with me were into same class.

My class was Thomas Young in GEC-1 , first day of class was little bit un-comfortable for me anyways tried to involve little. Giving on-line attendance was the thing I’ve been waiting for since I’ve seen in some video of Infy. Some-how our training was started with “Introduction to Computer Systems” got some new friends learning new languages(not c/cpp its kanada tamil etc…).

There on I have nothing to write , I have no time those days even to write my dairy , we don’t know when we used to wake up when we used to sleep. Busy schedule was started and tasted the re-test for first module itself.

Another 7-day program for us to relax a bit from the busy schedule and enjoy developing our personal skills.

PSD-Training classes I hope the only time we  were relaxed and got time to have breakfast were those 7 days apart from the busy schedule. We were again divided into different groups in the class and made to perform many fun activities for improving our communication-articulation skills-a fun filled learning system.

I’ve again enjoyed much as I was more interested in public speaking , got to interact with new people and learnt many things required for a professional.

Slowly gained confidence literally got used to the tough schedule submission of assignments , collected snippets, group discussions, and finally fighting with dev-square.

Our minds started thinking only about CGPA, score, grade and the most stupid thing that used to irritate us was negative marking and scoring ”64” in the module exam, as 65 is the cut-off.

Slowly the course became tough as we entered into the intermediate session , many modules hands-on and objective , really hectic. My favorite module in Intermediate session was RD-Essentials may of the Instructor who taught us in a very easy manner and even the assignments though lengthy but were really challenging.


We never used to know how the clock hits 6:00AM in the morning and have a quick turn to 11:00PM, after which we were not allowed to stay inside GEC.

If it was the day before exam entire class used to stick to their systems and learn as much as possible in the last minutes .
Preparing templates for hands-on exam and the only moment that took away our breaths was the screen “Your Score is being calculated” , people really would peep to the monitor as soon as the screen appears.


Walking in the campus at 11:00PM from GEC to our Hostel Room’s was a wonderful experience I ever had.
The nature was calm, cool and so silent, cool breeze passing by, and listening to melodious music used to really take away all the stress I had since morning. The silent talk with the nature was so soothing for me those days and I used to love spending time in going round the campus and one single blog won’t be enough to describe the natural beauty of Mysore Campus.


The Musical-Fountain at GEC-2 was one of my favorite places.I really love spending time by sitting near the fountain the whole evening.Not having my classes in GEC-2 embraces me little bit for missing the musical experience at the fountain but some how we used to make time to have few minutes spent there which adds more beauty to the lovely climate there.

Laundry-mat, I think the best times we used to have fun was going to laundro-mat at late n8’s to avoid big queue, and relax ourselves in chatting or going round the campus. As far as facilities were concerned Infy Mysore was a heaven.

Finally we out of many tough-times finally we got our stream allocated, and the same way some modules were quite irritating and some were easy of-course by this time we got used to score both 80’s as well as 64’s , so it dint made much difference.

Finally the day arrived the last objective exam for the entire training program our “Strem-compre exam”, I remember most of my friends didn’t even slept the day before and somehow controlling my tension given my exam. I think its 27th August our final results were declared that day was really challenging and my hands were shivering when the I-Lite was getting opened slowly couldn’t stop my tension hit the mouse many times and finally I was on safe side.

That was the last time to open the ILITE portal in hurry to view the results, and the next was postings of-course were not as we expected. I got posted to Bangalore and started the same journey here.

What-ever, how hectic the training might be but those are the days we really enjoyed each and every moment group chats, enjoying the campus and we miss those days so much.It was those days that taught us many things for professional as well as personal life.

Hope my lines might have brought some of our memorable moments at our NRN’s centre of Excellence.
Now we are in different locations but let’s get success stay with us even in production.
Thanks to all my friends who are part of my memorable experiences of Training at Mysore.



Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing your experience

    ReplyDelete
  2. This training wil be difficult or wat???
    For those who dnt have any knotledge in software....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got placed in infy!!!!
    But i'm a mechanical engineering student so wud I face any problem during training in Mysore in learning????

    ReplyDelete
  4. No just enjoy and learn :)
    what ever stream u are from u would be taught from the basics dnt wry :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Himaja...thnx fr sharing ua experience...I am a feb 12 trainee at mysore...related my experience with yours . I love my INFY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LONELY NESS

Desire Makes Life Beautiful